I have always held compassion as a personal value and incorporate it into my daily life and work. I have been making an ongoing social impact in the local and medical communities since 2000. I believe that kindness brings longer, healthier lives not only for patients but also for health-care professionals. I've seen that when physicians are compassionate, patients heal better and faster. When doctors are happier this leads to less burn out.
• Passionate about helping those affected by trauma, intimate partner violence, women’s health, adverse childhood experiences. Frequent speaker within Kaiser Permanente and in the community for organizations such as the Family Justice Center, American Red Cross, and ACEs connection.
• Co-lead advisory council to develop an ACEs and trauma informed care program for Kaiser Permanente.
• Serves as the Physician Regional Lead for depression care management.
• Resident and medical student Physician Mentor/educator 2008-2018. Taught integrative and lifestyle medicine, demonstrated how to incorporate integrative medicine into routine primary care visits.
• Acted as Triathlon Medical Volunteer Barb’s Race.
Assisted in the fire evacuation of our hospital and led the medical team at a community shelter. Put systems in place to ensure patients got the medications and care they needed.
Physician for multiple Scouting BSA events. Teach first aide and health and safety courses.
Partner with Redwood Empire Food Bank to distribute essentials such as food and diapers.
Dr. Gutfreund's facility at Mercury Way, partners with the Redwood Empire Food Bank to distribute food after the Santa Rosa 2019 fires. Governor Newsom visits.
Dr. Gutfreund leading Northern California out of the COVID-19 pandemic as Physician in Charge for operations, including drive thru testing and the COVID Clinic ensuring staff were supported in the best way possible.
Cathy shared her expertise and time in Guatemala for a Medical Mission with Faith in Practice 2015
One of many presentations on ACES, trauma and culturally responsive care.